Never in a million years did I see myself writing this post until last night when I decided I needed it.
So wether you enjoy fanfiction or not, it’s a huge part of most fandom identities, just like cosplaying, fanart and other fanworks.
The thing with fanfiction is that most of it is not gen, meaning most of it is centered around a romantic pairing. Sometimes the writing is exclusively on the two characters and their dynamics and end up being incredibly descriptive (ehm nsfw stuff).
It’s fun to write about how the characters end up loving each other and overcoming issues.
So here is a list of songs that get you into that right feminine romantic relationship obsessed mindset. I had to browse a little around Youtube to find their names (and it’s really hard to youtube songs when you only know the melody and a few words, as you know.)
- Angel with a Shotgun (The Cab): This works especially well for Destiel, I’ve been told. I don’t watch Supernatural. It would be well for any ship where there is a character who would go to great lengths to protect the other simply because of the undying love the character feels. It’s really good because it doesn’t use gender pronouns.
- Hot Mess (Cobra Starship): This song is both good and awful at the same time. It’s got a very angsty sex vibe to me. Maybe not as much to others.
- Through the Wire (Attention): Unrequited? There you go. Listen a couple times.
- I Knew You Were Trouble (Taylor Swift): Mutual fall out song. I know Taylor Swift is very middle school-y and obsesses over her relationships but come on I’m giving you shipping fanfiction prompts here what did you expect?
- Things I’ll Never Say (Avril Lavigne): Do you hear that? That’s the sound of my choices in music sinking and sinking lower. But really, this is nice and fluffy and sad.
- Everytime (Britney Spears): I swear I’m playing limbo here. But this is another sad love song and I really like the whole music boxey sound, and the piano.
- Second to None (Chris Crocker): OT3s, broken ships and the very angsty sex vibe. It’s done by that “Leave Britney Alone” dude
who by the way looks really bitchin you didn’t hear from me. Won’t work for fem slash, probably.
- Die Young (Ke$ha): The deconstructed cover because it sounds better. It’s like one of those “happy for now” things. Perfect for a party scene because ke$ha. And that ends my list for now.
Admittedly, I don’t know many shippy songs. I don’t listen to as much music with lyrics as I used to anymore. But these are songs that get me out of a writers block when I’m trying to think of possible scenes so here you guys go. If you have any suggestions for songs, leave them in the comments.
Oh, I discovered this a little too late, but it’s perfect if you only know the melody to a song and not many words or the title or the artist.
And hoping your writers block is cured,